FLORENCE St. LEGER
Return to Family Index
With the Brockman family we are
reaching as far back as the 14th century. William
Everett Brockman wrote A Genealogical chart of
the Brockmans. However, his assertions that the Brockman
family of Kent have any connection to Henry
Brockman, American emigrant, are not valid.
The story of Florence St. Leger conforms to what
is known about this family by the Kent Brockman
THE STORY AS I KNOW IT
Florence St. Leger was born about 1450 in Ulcombe Kent England. Her father was John St. Leger .
Florence married first John Clifford,
date unknown. No children are known from this
union. After his death, Florence married John Brockman or Brokeman about
1473. John took his bride to Essex where the
family estate had been granted in 1390. There they had at
least two children and probably more:
1. Thomas born about 1475, wed Miss Rochester and is believed to have emigrated to Northern Germany
2. William born about 1480, wed Margaret Chapman. He inherited his fatherís estate,
John Brockman died at Witham, Essex, August 22, 1500. Florence died the same year. Their tombs are in St. Nicholas church, Essex.
If you know the answer please CONTACT US
1. What was her motherís name
2. When and where did she marry?
3. Were there other children and what were their names?
4. What caused the eldest son to leave England?
Return to Top of Page
Maier_Associates: © Copyright 2014
Date created Dec 13, 2004
Date Edited July 4, 2014