ANNA MARIA BATZLEN
Return to Family Index
THE STORY AS I KNOW IT
Anna Maria Batzlen was born about 1650, based on
her marriage date. probably in Bissingen, Wurttemberg,
Germany. Her parents were Anna
Maria Kaelber and Michael Batzlin
Anna Maria wed Georg Kauffman
Nov. 9, 1669 in Bissingen. from LDS Western
European Church Records 1612-1774 are on FHL Film
1055843 The marriage records gives the father
of both parties. The same film has the marriage of
Michael Batzlin and Anna Maria Kaelber.
Unfortunately there is a gap in the births that does not
start up until 1680.
In the area around Stuttgart, there are 3 towns that
could fit the name "Bissingen". They are Bissingen,
Bisingen, and Bissingen an der Teck. After a
careful study of the 1930's document we believe it is the
Bissingen an der Teck. Close by there is a Dettingen unter
Teck. It is the home of other relatives. These villages
are south east of Stuttgart.
From the church records after 1680 we know that Anna
Maria and Georg Kauffman had the following
children: There were likely children between 1670
and 1680 also.
1. Caspar Kauffmann, born 1680, he wed Margaretha Mackhen.
2. Hans Jacob Kauffmann, born 1682
3. Catharina Kauffmann, born 1684
4. Anna Maria Kauffmann, born 1685
5. Barbara Kauffmann, born 1686
6. Anna Barbara Kauffmann, born 1688 (I wonder if Barbara born 1686 had died?)
7. Margaretha Kauffmann, born 1688 must be Anna Barbara's twin
8. Hanss Georg Kauffmann, born 1691
That is a lot of babies in a very short time!
No death records are included in the Kauffmann
If you know the answer please CONTACT US
Return to Top of Page
Maier_Associates: © Copyright 2013
Date created: 7/20/2013
Date edited 10/8/2013