Return to Family Index
THE STORY AS I KNOW IT.
Margaretha Euchner was born 1732 and christened
May 2, 1732 in Bissingen an der
Tech, Wurttenberg Germany. Her parents were
Johannis Euchner and Maria Catharina Voettimer.
The LDS library has a microfilm of the church
Bissingen. It dates back to 1585. The German scrip is very
hard to read
and of course it is in German. We can scan the piece so
you can attempt
to see it also. Just click under Contact Us with the
request. I now
have a printout from the
LDS set on
CD of Western European Church Records that is
read. The data in this story comes from that set.
Margaretha Euchner wed Andres
Holpp on Sept 25, 1753 in Bissingen an der
Tech. Andres had been married before and
there were 5 children by his first marriage to Margaretha
Merckle. So Margaretha raised the first five, as far
as I know, all survived childhood and then had 11 more of
her own. They were:
(The precise dates came from the written records.)
6. Maria Agnes Holp born September 20, 1754
7. Maria Catharina Holp, born 1755
8. Maria Barbara Holp born June 8, 1757 wed Johann Georg Kauffmann
9. Johann Cunrad Holp, born 1758
10. Andreas Holp, born 1760 (Andreas' first child was also Andres. Perhaps he died, or the 2nd name was not given that he went by?)
11. Maria Agnes Holp, born 1761 - (Probably the #6 child had died)
12. Maria Sabina Holp, christened 1762
13. Johann George Holp, born 1764
14. Johann Conrad Holp, born 1767 ( probably the #9 child had died)
15. Johann Conrad Holp, born 1769 (probably #14 had died)
16. no first name Holp, born 1770
The Holpp family had been in Bissingen an der Tech since at least 1581 and probably long before. That is about the time the existing church records began. For instance in 1697 Margareta Holpp married Hans Maier.
1790 Johann Georg Holpp was godfather to Maria Barbara Kaufmann, daughter of Maria Barbara Holpp #2 above.
There is probably much more information to be found
microfilm with a careful reading. When the recorder wrote
usually an in was added to the woman's name i.e. Anna
The "in" is added to most names signifying the female.
I have no record of when either Andreas or his wives
died. But this Margaretha would have been after 1770.
If you know the answer please CONTACT US
1. Recheck the written records to confirm all the children and the potential death of some babies.
Return to Top of Page
Maier_Associates: © Copyright 2013
Date created: 9/21/2013