CHRISTIANA SOPHIA FRANCISCA PEZER
Return to Family Index
THE STORY AS I KNOW IT
The Hartmann family can be traced in Gellershausen
bei Wildungen, Waldeck region of Germany to at least
mid 1700s. Extended family is well documented in the
Waldeckische Ortsippenbucher Band 62. (Hochgrebe, Heinrich;
Waldeckischer Geschichtsverein e.V. Bad Arolsen; 1998.
History of the village of Gellershausen. It
contains an index of family surnames and data taken mostly
from Church records. Written in German. Scott Hanson
directed me to the resource and a wonderful distant
cousin, Christa, hand carried a copy to me in the
US. I am very grateful!
is one of 13 small villages that make up the
administrative community of Edertal. During the 18th
century Gellershausen was in the small Principality of
Waldeck. Waldeck continues as a small city north of
Edertal. Waldeck and the Edertal communities are now
part of Hesse Germany. They lie in the
northwest of Hesse and about 40 kilometers southwest of
Kassel. They are in the foothills and
forests of the low Kellerwald mountain range.
Francisca Pezer was born on Nov. 25, 1744 in Alt-Wildungen.
Her parents were Johann Friedrich Pezer and Margarete Lucretia Schneider.
Alt-Wildunger, now a part of Bad Wildungen, is due east
She married Johann Jacob Kruhoeffer on Feb. 9,
1765. He was a respected hunter or soldier, or both
from Alt-Wildungen. They had 8 children, and the Ortsippenbucher
suggests the first two were born in different
villages. So his "Hunting" may have moved him around
a bit. Dates are given as found in the Ortsippenbucher,
day.month.year. The children were:
1. Johann Christian Kruhoeffer born 22.11.1765 in Buehle, he died 30.3.1802. He was a Grenzjaeger (border guard, maybe)
2. Caroline Louise Kruhoeffer born 27.9.1767 in Braunsen She married Johann Henrich Leitheuser and settled in Gellershausen
3. Charlotte Marie Elisabeth Kruhoeffer born 2.11.1769 and died at 3 years of age.
4. Johannetta maria Friederica Kruhoeffer born 19.1.1772. She married Henrich Hartmann of Gellershausen
5. Dorothea Elisabeth Kruhoeffer born 10.12.1774. She married Johann Henrich Conrad Weihrauch of Neider Wildungen.
6. Johann Ludwig Kruhoeffer born 9.4.1778. He died 1794 in Cape Town, South Africa.
7. Karl Daniel Friedrich Kruhoeffer born 25.6.1781. He married Wilhelmine Stallmann in Bergheim and eventually settled in Gellershausen. He died there in 1845
8. Johann Henrich Kruhoeffer born 30.12.1783. He died 1800 also in Africa.
I believe that the family finally settled in Gellershausen by 1769. The final six children were all born there. Buehle and Bergheim are within 20 miles of Gellershausen.
Braunsen is a bit further north near Arolsen. The two younger son who died in Africa had most like been conscripted by Napoleon's armies. That may have been the fate of
the eldest son also.
Christiana S.F.Pezer Kruhofer died in 21.2..1799 or Feb. 21 in Gellershausen. Her husband lived two more years, dying Feb. 3, 1801. They were probably buried in the village
If you know the answer please CONTACT US
Return to Top of Page
Maier_Associates: © Copyright 2021
Date Created: 10/19/2013
Date Edited 11/29/2013
Date edited 1/13/2021