ANNA MARIA BAUR
Return to Family Index
THE STORY AS I KNOW IT
Anna Maria Baur was born June 9, 1634 in Bissingen an der Teck, Wurttemberg, Germany. A Maier Genealogy was written in the 1930's while a family member was living in Germany. However, I also have a copy of the Protestant church records of Bissingen microfilmed by the LDS library. The handwriting is in old German and the spelling varies but the detail matches what had been discovered in the 1930s.
Anna Maria was the daughter of Conrad and Maria Baur. They were probably from Bissingen as they christened their daughter there.
Anna Maria married Johannes
Maier on Nov. 27, 1655 in Bissingen, Wurttemberg,
Germany. They had thirteen known children, all born in
1. Hans Conrad Maier born Oct. 26, 1656 wed Catharina Bauer
2. Michael Maier born June 11, 1558 wed Anna Nagelin
3. Katharina Maier born Feb. 13, 1660 nothing else known
4. Caspar Maier born May 8, 1661 wed Margaretha Golz
5. Hans Georg Maier born Aug. 26, 1663 wed Maria Euchner
6. Bathhasar Maier born Feb. 10, 1665 wed Anna Goll
7. Hans Maier born March 3, 1667 wed Margareta Holpp
8. Anna Maria Maierborn Feb. 19, 1669 wed Hans Ehni
9. Anna Katharina Maier born Jan 11. 1671 died 1699
10. Margaretha Maier born April 20, 1673 wed Michael Batzlin
11. Ursula Maier born May 10, 1675 wed Cyriakus Golz
12. Anna Barbara Maier born March 31, 1677 wed Albrecht Saisslin
13. Anna Maier born July 7, 1680 nothing else known
Two facts are interesting about this list. Number 1 is there are no twins. Number 2 is that in our research we have found that when and if a child died, the next child born would be given the first child's name. There are no duplicate names in this list. It would be a very special family of thirteen children that all survived childhood.
In the area around Stuttgart, there are 3 towns that could fit the name "Bissingen". They are Bissingen, Bisingen, and Bissingen an der Teck. After a careful study of the 1930's document we believe it is the Bissingen an der Teck. Close by there is a Dettingen unter Teck. These villages are south east of Stuttgart.
It is also not known when Anna Marie Baur Maier died, but it would have been after July 7, 1680. Johannes Maier died Jan. 10, 1695.
If you know the answer please CONTACT US
Return to Top of Page
Maier_Associates: © Copyright 2019
Date created: 3/24/1998
Date edited 12/1/2013
Date edited 12/29/2019